Sunday, February 18, 2018

Hydrangea Birthday

Hi there~

I am taking a bit of license in making my Hydrangea more purple than blue, I love purple and green together and at Color Throwdown the colors this week are Purple, Green, Gray, and white.  The sketch at Freshly Made sketches gave me a jumping off point.  I am also adding this to Winnie & Walters 4th Birthday Bash - Watercolor with a twist.  I am adding shading with pencils.

 
challengeb

I have a slew of birthday cards to make and flowers will adorn most of the feminine ones.  Instead of black ink I used versafine smokey gray to stamp the image and sentiment.



Thanks so much for stopping by.

10 comments:

Greta said...

This is a beauty, Cat! Love the different shades you got!

Barb Ghig said...

Super gorgeous bloom, Cat! I love your color palette, too! Great job combining challenges!

Wanda Cullen said...

I really like the image stamped in the smoky gray...lovely design! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Great take on both challenges Cat! Love the colour combo and the use of Smoky Slate! Have a lovely day my friend! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Betty said...

wonderful take for both challenges, Cat - brilliant how you used the gray for stamping your flower!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is so pretty! It gives it such a different look to stamp with the grey ink instead of black. Fab take on the sketch.

Vickie Z said...

Fun use of the sketch and colors! Love that big ole' flower! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Totally gorgeous! I am loving this fabulous flower and the colour you've used. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

I Card Everyone said...

Smoky gray - love it... and this fabulous bloom!
=]

Anita in France said...

Soft and lovely, Cat ... the depth on that bloom is fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)